Thursday, June 7, 2012

The Storm

Yesterday ended up being kind of a crazy day. I ran around trying to get my school work done for my ELD class. I finally finished that, then realized I forgot to read a chapter and take notes. Ugh. It got done though. 


On my way to class, I stopped at Panera to grab dinner. I was filling up my cup with some delicious and refreshing Pepsi when the whole pop machine broke. Not only did it break, but it broke on me. I was wet and sticky for a good chuck of class.


However, class got out early. Apparently, the tornado sirens were going off. Two tornadoes had been spotted in the next town over. So class got out early. 


Alex and I left the windows open last night. It was beautiful. The tornadoes ended up moving further east, not by us. But a cool breeze was blowing, a light drizzle was falling, and thunder was rolling in from the mountains. It was the absolute, most beautifully, perfect night. 


And then the hail came. 
Holy. Cow. 

By then we had to close the windows. It was so loud- I honestly thought the windows might break. The thunder and lightening was phenomenal. Colorado storms are so intense. They have so much raw power, perhaps it has something to do with seeing these storms come over the mountain that makes me think that. 

Anyway, I drove Alex to work this morning. Apparently rain makes the snakes come out, so, no bike riding for him this fine morning. But, we saw this. Everywhere.

 GIANT clumps of hail were everywhere.

They were about pea-sized balls of hail.
Praise the Lord from the earth, you great sea creatures and all ocean depths, lightning and hail, snow and clouds, stormy winds that do his bidding, you mountains and all hills, fruit trees and all cedars, wild animals and all cattle, small creatures and flying birds, kings of the earth and all nations, you princes and all rulers on earth, young men and maidens, old men and children.
Psalm 148: 7-12

No comments:

Post a Comment