Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Plane and The Elbow

My second physical therapy appointment was today. It's by the Wings Museum, which is the Colorado Air and Space Museum. I didn't know it was a museum. All I saw was this.
It was a very large plane. And shiny. 
I arrived early to the PT appointment so I wandered over to the giant plane to check it out and luckily, I had my camera with me. So, I learned a few things while there. And mostly, I learned them from this plaque.
As my students say, "It had lots of informations."
Basically, this very interesting plaque said that this airplane that is pictured above is the second model of a B-52. The first was built in 1952 and this second model was built in 1954 and presented to the US Air Force in 1955. It was pretty neat. 
Next to the museum is a beer garden.
I would like to go to there.
Well, at the physical therapist's, she said that I was doing much better. In fact, it got me thinking. W and I had talked about the possibility of the pain in my elbow being a semantic response to what is going on around me. For example, yesterday, my elbow didn't hurt at all. And then I saw that I got a letter from the D.A. My elbow started to hurt. After I figured out the whole mess with the letter, my elbow didn't hurt as much. 


So, maybe it is mostly a semantic response to what is going on around me, but I know that it is still not completely physically healed because the physical therapists said that my elbow is not where it should be. 


This whole process is interesting. And weird. And surreal, like it's still not supposed to be happening to me. But the biggest thing I've learned through all this is that God doesn't leave me. Why would He leave me now when He's already died for me?


For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; 
no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 
O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you.
Psalm 84:11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment