Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Personal Vaca- Part 1

It's fall break! A whole week off of school! Last year I remember sitting on the couch, watching Netflix, and knitting for the entire week. Lame, I know. 
This year though, off to Chicago I went! My mom paid for my plane ticket and I got to spend several days with my Mom and Dad! Alex got to stay behind and work. From what I hear, he missed me lots!

I flew in on Saturday and my parents picked me up and we went right to church so we could have Sunday all to ourselves.

Of course, we had to spend some time at our favorite place- Starbucks!

My mother and I are so alike, we even close our eyes on the same pictures!

After we wasted a good amount of time and camera batteries at Starbucks, we walked around Randhurst, a slowly decaying indoor mall close to the house that was turned into a nice outdoor mall.

We stopped at Bed, Bath, and Beyond. Dad was excited about the Ninja Blender....
We also stopped at Old Navy where Dad bonded with the mannequin.
Afterwards, we came back home and made plans to have dinner with my Grandparents. 
Turned out my cousin Cody was one of the chefs! He treated us fabulously!


Each time I see my Grandpa, no matter how old I am or what I'm doing, he ALWAYS tells me that he 'cried when I was born'. Anyone in my family can tell you that he says it without fail to me. And it usually comes with a cheek pat. 
"Jaclyn, you know, I cried when you were born." *cheek pat* 
"I know, Grandpa." 
*cheek pat* "I know I tell you all the time, but I will always be telling you that I cried when you were born."
And so, my 84 year old Grandpa again tells me how he cried when I was born. And I never get tired of hearing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment