Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Two Guitarists

Once upon a time, more specifically, in the time known as 'Pre-Jackie', there was this fellow who loved playing classical guitar. And he was very good at it.
He went off to college to double major in music and religion. He continued playing guitar throughout the years. He eventually met this girl named Jackie and he got a little 'cooler' because of her. She enjoyed hearing him play because he was very talented and the guitar made him happy.
Yes, this is a true story of Alex and I. 
While we were dating, I continually heard about a guitarist named Phil Keaggy. Some of you may or may not have heard of him. He is pretty big in the early Christian music scene. Anyway, Alex is a pretty big fan of his. 
So when Alex texted me that Phil Keaggy was in town and tickets were only $17 could we pleeeeease go, I couldn't deny him. 

Off we went to the Gothic Theater to see Phil Keaggy play for about an hour and a half. 
He is a short man who has a lot of talent. 
Here's a youtube clip to listen to, not even watch. It was a lot of fun to go and see him.

Alex was pleased and I scored major wife points.

No comments:

Post a Comment