| Standing in the doorway, you would see my desk and the emergency escape door. |
| View from the front of the room. That giant poster was never taken down by the last teacher. I'm too lazy to take it down. |
| My para's desk, the crammed bookshelf, and this year, I actually put up a bulletin board. |
| Front of the classroom. There is a desk behind the whiteboard wall. Hopefully, no one will have to use it. |
Well, after today, it's a lot more put together. All the boxes are gone and there's no longer anything on the desks! Next week, I'll finish shoving stuff in places so that if I ever leave or have to pack up my room again, I'll be surprised!
I got home from school and grabbed Alex. We went to down to the Platte to do some reading. Because the church job he got is up north, as is my school, we'll probably move north of Denver. I'll miss being by the river. We can see it from our bedroom window. It's nice to have nature so close.
| The beautiful South Platte River |
There were some letters in my mailbox at school that I shoved in my backpack and opened today. Both were from the district attorney's office. I knew what one of the letters was- it was about D's mom and D's asking for a public defender. It also gave a list of options for what would happen at the next hearing, which is August 14.
The other envelope was kind of thick, so it made me a little nervous because I had no idea what was in it. This letter also dealt with the July 10 hearing, but focused on what was done for me.
The letter basically said that the equivalent to a restraint order is in place from July 10, 2012, to whenever the court decides to dismiss the case. This means that the shortest amount of time that this would be in place would be two years. The two years would happen if D followed every rule and did everything as requested of him. I want to say that he can do it- become a successful and rehabilitated citizen of his community. Knowing him personally and his record, I feel that I can't.
..... But, who am I to say that it won't happen. Crazier things have happened. God DOES work miracles.

No comments:
Post a Comment