Monday, August 20, 2012

The School Bathroom

Here's a window into my classroom:

Today, Both A and T1 asked to go to the bathroom right after sixth hour started, the last hour of the day. I said yes, and stood outside the bathroom to wait for them. The way the bathrooms are set up at our school is so you can see the sinks when you walk by them. It's pretty nice for when you're escorting kids to the bathroom and have to keep an eye on them.

They both went to the bathroom and came out to wash their hands. T1 put soap on his hands, rubbed it all over his hands and forearms, and then got paper towels to wipe off the soap. 

The following conversation ensued.

"T1, go rinse off your hands."
*high pitched whinny voice with flailing arms* "I diiiiid already."
"No, you didn't. I was watching you. Go rise off your hands."
*same voice* "I told you I did already. I shouldn't have to do it again!"
"T1, go rinse off your hands."

T1 stopped into the bathroom, rubbed his hands over the faucet (which was not spouting water), walked back over to get a paper towel.

"T1, go rinse off your hands."
*yelling, and arms escalated from flailing to flapping* "OH MY GOD. DIDN'T YOU SEE ME? I JUST DID."
"No, you didn't. Please make sure water comes out this time."

I am pleased to say that T1 DID rinse off his hands this time. He was showing obvious displeasure about the whole thing and almost ripped the paper towel dispenser off the wall, but his hands were clean!

When walking back in the room, he asked me if I was happy now.

"Yes, T1, I am very happy now. Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment