We are wrapping up the end of the second week of school already. This year is NOTHING like last year. As of right now, I have four students, and I would love to introduce them to you since I'm sure, there will be stories about them in here.
First up is the new one I got today, A. A has an incredibly sad home life. I won't get into details, but for most of his life, he was being raised by strangers that took him in out of the kindness of their hearts. It really is an incredible story. A is a native Spanish speaker. His first day in my room was today. We did not receive his IEP until today, which stated he needed to be full time in a self-contained classroom. He is in sixth grade and so far, fits right at home with the rest of the class. Right off the bat we learned we need to work on personal space...
The next up is T1. T1 made an impression the very first day of school- it wasn't a good one either. We learned very quickly that T1 has, so far, three different personalities. The one we saw on the first two days of school were two year old behaviors. Literally. Speaking, drooling, temper tantrums, etc. The first two days he had to be restrained. By the third day, the other two personalities came out. The second personality is that of a child, perhaps 8 or 9 years old that is stuck in the "Lookit!" stage. The third personality is that of a gang banger, pretending he is tough and hard. T1 is in sixth grade. He has his moments of cuteness, but we haven't seen much of it lately.
In the middle is T2. I realize that these 'labels' make it sound like they are Thing 1 and Thing 2 from Dr. Suess. I sincerely apologize, however, they're both named T. T2 is another student with a weirdly crazy home life, as do most of the students. He is a very sweet seventh grader. When antagonized or pushed, I could see a nasty side of him coming out, but for the most part, he loves to smile and show off his dimples. For the most part, he has done a great job of getting the rest of the students to play a game or work together. T2 is a nice boy who likes to take care of his younger brother. I only have him for two hours of the day.
Lastly, H. He is in eighth grade and I had him last year. H has been incredibly jealous of the other boys in the room. Last year, he was the youngest boy. This year, he has no 'buddy' and all the other kids in the room are much younger than him. So far, he's been acting out a lot more, like being sillier, a bit more defiant, and saying things to the other boys to make sure they know he is top dog in the room. H is the one, though, that will make us laugh. A lot of quotes from the classroom come from him.
That sums up who is in the classroom this year. So far, no girls! And heaven help us if one does come in. The boys would be off the wall with their behavior, trying to impress her.
For safety reasons, I did tell the boys that I am pregnant and that they needed to be gentler around me and everyone else in the room. The questions I have been getting are ridiculous! The boys are planning on throwing me a baby shower with Lil Wayne in attendance.
Ghetto- Fab.


Wow! I didn't realize you had only 4 kids in your class. Sounds interesting. I hope it's a little less exciting than last year. It's amazing the work you do with these kids!
ReplyDeleteThanks Cindy!
ReplyDelete