Monday, July 21, 2014

The Summer Summary

I haven't posted in a while, not because I haven't had anything to say, but because I wasn't sure what I should leave out! This summer has been busy with lots of people coming and going and things to do! So instead of picking and choosing what to write about, here's a couple sentences and a lot of pictures of everything!

About a week and a half into summer break, my "foster" brother Shamar came to visit for three weeks. 
He had a whole new world opened up to him while he was here.
 In between all the hiking trips, the zoo and aquarium, trip to the farm, and picnics, he learned how to read! (He's a goof!)
It made me really excited to see him be very excited when he read and spelled words correctly!
I flew back to Chicago with him and stayed there for two weeks for my middle sister Shelly's wedding. 
Shelly and Aaron asked Alex to officiate the wedding.
After the wedding, Alex and I spent a day around the city
And took a trip up to visit my grandparents. (Grandma wasn't home, but Grandpa was excited to show us the piece of wood he found while chopping logs.)

So we've been back for a while but have been staying busy! I've been able to go on a couple of hikes with my friend Camie and her big puppy. 
And Grandpa Nava and Wanda stopped by, too!
And now, we're gearing up for Alex's shoulder surgery. We tried cleaning his office today. It's still a mess, but it's less of a mess. 
I've been asked to speak at our district's new teacher conference about my first year at my school. It's pretty cool that I was asked; the only thing is I have so much to tell them, what do I leave out?!?


No comments:

Post a Comment