This past Thursday was our last parent teacher conferences for the school year.
*LOUD CHEERING*
At every conference night, I have at least three of the conferences that have gone something like this:
Parent walks in the room
"Hi, I'm Blank's mom/grandpa/guardian."
"Hi, I'm Jaclyn. It's nice to meet you."
Shake hands
"I really like Blank. He's a nice boy-"
"That's interesting. Is that why he's failing your class?"
Because apparently, that is how I determine grades, based off of how much I like the student.
Grades are actually determined by a computer program- I just enter the homework, classwork, quiz, and final grade, and it calculates the grade for me.
Of course, not all conferences are like that. I've had plenty of great conferences with parents and with students. In fact, I've come to look forward to conferences for the most part. But, it's always those three conferences that start like that make you shake your head at people.
Here is to us teachers who have made it though parent teacher conferences:







No comments:
Post a Comment