I've spent the last couple days in my new classroom trying to get it ready for students. For those of you who are teachers, you know what it all entails. For those who are not teachers, it's a huge pain in the butt, especially if you're moving classrooms, schools, or districts. Usually, the person before you just left EVERYTHING. The desks, cabinets, bookshelves, and drawers are filled with stuff, both personal and school related, from the person who last had the classroom. So not only do you have your belongings that you're bringing with you, but you have to first deal with the original junk that came in the room.
Am I ranting?
On Monday I asked two of my basketball girls if they wanted to come and help me set up my new room for a bit. They were so excited to come help, even if it was moving me to a different school.
Afterwards, I took them out to lunch. They wanted to go to Chilli's because they had never been there before. As a joke, the girls told everyone that I was their mother. Pictures of their food had to be taken for Instagram to brag to their friends that I took them out to eat.
Because there is so much stuff in the classroom, I've spent most of the next two days in the room. Today, I brought Emmett with. He was a trooper. We were there from 9:30 to 2:30. When we got home, he went right to his crate and fell asleep. But we got a lot done while there! Here's what the room looks like:
This is the view from where my desk is.
The view from the door. Look! I have windows! I've never taught in a class with windows before!
Looking from the back corner of the classroom to my desk.
There was so much chalkboard in that room. I covered up most of it except for the giant wall way in the back. Just looking at chalkboard gives me the shivers because I automatically think of nails scraping it. ((shivers))
Emmett spent most of the time near or under my desk.
(The hat says 'dunce'. For some reason you can't really see it.)
I have to report next Thursday and students come August 12th! My summer is pretty much over. How sad!





No comments:
Post a Comment