Friday, July 12, 2013

The Grandparents Came To Town

Warning- This post has a lot of pictures.

Since moving to Colorado, I kept asking my Grandma and Grandpa Mammoser to come and visit, just kind of throwing it out there, hoping they would come but not sure if they would. I would tell them all the things that we would do: Pikes Peak, Garden of the Gods, the Coors factory, etc. So I was very surprised when I talked to them on the phone about three months ago and they said they would like to come in July! (I think after I mentioned the Coors factory, Grandpa was hooked.)
They ended up coming this week and I'm so glad that they did!
 

They both fell in love with Emmett, and Emmett fell in love with them.
We went to the Coors Factory, the largest single site brewery in the nation.

The factory is in Golden, Colorado, home of Buffalo Bill's burial and the first territorial capital of Colorado.
 In the brew room! Each of those kettles can make 2,700 six packs a day.
 They had a lot of fun on the tour. It's a pretty big place!
 In the middle of the tour, they give you a little sample of their beer to taste how fresh it is.
 At the tasting room, you can have up to three free 'samples' of their beer. They're pretty good sized samples. Grandma had two! They were her first 'grown up' beers that she drank on her own! Usually she would have a sip or two of Grandpa's beer, but this was her own glass! They both had Blue Moon and liked it a lot.
 We wandered through the gift shop and found this shirt. We thought it was funny.
The next day, Alex took Grandpa fishing, but they ended up walking around. Grandma and I went to JoAnn's and talked about projects we were making. It was a pretty relaxing day. We all took naps. 
Their last day here, Alex and I took them to Colorado Springs to go up Pikes Peak and go through Garden of the Gods. On our way there, we stopped at 7eleven for their free slurpees because it was July 11th! 
It was Grandpa's first slurpee.
Pikes Peak is the summit on the left.
After about an hour drive, we made it to the top!
Can you find Grandma? She was just able to look over the ledge!
 We hung out in the gift shop for a couple minutes and then headed back down!
After that, we drove around Garden of the Gods. Pikes Peak is that back middle mountain. According to Grandpa, the place looks the same as it did back in '56 when he was stationed out here in Fort Carson.
Pikes Peak is the mountain directly in the middle back.

 It was a long day but it was a lot of fun. 
Grandma and Grandpa left this morning. I'm so glad that they came to visit. I told them next time they come, we're going to Breckenridge and Fort Collins. Grandma cried when they left which made me cry too. They are wonderful grandparents and I miss them all the time. Apparently, Emmett will miss them too.
Now I have to work on getting Grandpa Horner and Grandma Marcia out here!

1 comment:

  1. So cute!! The view from the top of Pike's Peak is incredible.

    ReplyDelete