Friday was a bad day at school. It's usually not a good day when you have to restrain one of your students, but when they are ALL acting up, it's pretty bad.
Anyways.
After work, I called Alex to see where he was and what we were doing for dinner as I was not going to be cooking that evening. I suggested that I meet him either at home or some place for food. He wanted me to meet him over at the shopping plaza that is down the street from where we live. Alex gave me quite the pick me up when I saw he had bought me a shirt and wanted to see if I liked it. (It was very thoughtful of him- he aims to please and I'm easily please-able. Not a word?)
Vince, one of our couple friends, works at the store we were at and we talked about dinner plans for the four of us. We ended up going to dinner together and then walking down to the Summerset Festival that was down the way. They had a band playing, fried oreos, fried twinkies, fried cupcakes, and a whole bunch of other fried foods. The fried food was not what caught our eyes though.
These, however, did.
There were 11 hot air balloons that were in a semi-circle. They didn't take off, but they were upright. The balloons were supposed to be a memorial to the Columbine shooting that happened 11 years ago.
![]() |
| The yellow one that's lit up and the front one were my favorites. |
![]() |
| Kristen and I with the boys in the background. |
![]() |
| Fly away!!!! |
We walked up a little hill to see all of the balloons. By that time, it was dusk and the balloons were lighting up. It was pretty awesome when they did.
![]() |
| They were pretty cool! |
![]() |
| This one had animals that popped out! |
![]() |
| Up on the hill! It was so cool! |
We topped off the evening with some frozen yogurt.
It was the perfect ending to a not so good week!
(Photos courtesy of Kristen and her iPhone)







That's wonderful!! I love to see that you guys get out and enjoy the events around you!! I love hot air balloons, although I've only had one chance to photograph them. I'd love to see the festival they have out in N.M.
ReplyDeleteAnyway, glad your day ended better than it started!