Yesterday was a friend from work's baby shower. Lindsey has been such a wonderful friend throughout the school year. Not only has she been a wonderful friend and person to talk to, but she's a great teacher. She loves her students and really goes the extra mile for them.
Lindsey and her husband are expecting their first baby, a boy. And I just happened to have finished this a couple months ago, sitting in the closet, waiting to be given to a dear friend.
Here's a close up of what the stitching looks like.
The final product ended up being 46 inches long and 38 inches tall. It was about the size of a larger coffee table. There are six different colors, each introduced at different lengths. This is all in the knit pattern and is as follows:
First (blue) is 6 rows.
Second (white) is 8 rows.
Third (tan) 10 rows.
Fourth (light blue) 12 rows.
Fifth row (navy blue) 14 rows.
This repeats decreasing when finished with the middle. The middle section, the brown, I had originally planned to be double the length of the first five colored rows. However, after going through two entire skeins of brown, I decided to start finishing it. I think it was a pretty good decision and turned out well after all!
I loved making this because I got to use it as a lap blanket while making it. It's nice and toasty. Hopefully, the little baby stays nice and warm or is able to roll around on it!
I know it's a very simple knitted piece, but I'm actually very proud that I finished a project that took some dedication and persistence. I have some other projects started. Hopefully I'll finish them at some point so I can show you what else I am capable of doing!


You should be proud! It's very cute! I love the simpleness of it too!!
ReplyDelete