Saturday, April 27, 2013

The Creator

I think one reason why I like knitting is because I can see how quickly it takes shape. 
It will go from a ball of yarn to this

 You're able to look at what you have created and judge whether or not it is what you wanted it to be. When you're making something, you want it to look professional, even though I am far from being a professional knitter. 
(What kind of job would that be? An awesome one.)
I'm constantly asking Alex and even my mom and sisters what they think of what I'm making: if I need to make it longer or wider, should I do this stitch differently, what kind of ribbon should I use, etc. 
Usually, I get the same answer from my mom and sisters: "Oh my goodness it looks beautiful! You should leave it the way it is!" Alex has gotten to the point where he'll say "You already know what you think of it and knowing you, you're not going to be happy with it until it is exactly the way you wanted it to be." 
And so, when you have something that you've gotten this far and you're still not happy with it because you think "I can do this so much better", you end up doing this
You feel kind of sad because something you worked on is over. 
But at the same time, it's exciting because you get to start over! New! Better! 
I'm excited to see how this will turn out, now that I won't be obsessing whether or not it'll look ok. 

I'm so glad that God made us perfectly. We might have physical illnesses, but that doesn't mean that God made us with an imperfection. He made us the way He wanted us to be. I understand that it is easier to say it than to go about our lives, actually believing and living that out. It's an incredibly difficult thing to do, one that I struggle with as well. But God loves us and He made us to glorify Him the way He created us. 

Perhaps being a pastor's wife is influencing me- yes, I just compared knitting to the Creator God.
In other news, Emmett thinks he's king of the house. And we let him believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment