Saturday, April 20, 2013

The Chunky Blanket

Heidi and Jeremy have become wonderful friends to Alex and I. We've enjoyed hanging out with them and their family, who is conveniently another pastor at the church. 
Anyways, Heidi and Jeremy are expecting their first child, a daughter! 
And we couldn't be more excited for them!

In January, I started knitting another blanket. I found the pattern on this website that my sister Shelly, the crocheter extraordinaire, found. It's called Ravelry. It's a free website, but you do have to create a username and password. But it's got a lot of free patterns and such. You can even post your own projects.

So, that's where I found this idea.
It's a very simple blanket. It's all in the seed stitch. I used eight skeins of the really chunky yarn. It seems like a lot, but the yarn goes so quickly! 
The final dimensions were 38 inches tall and 48 inches wide. I wove a 5/8" silver ribbon around the edge. It turned out great!

 It didn't take me very long to do this. If I had nothing to do but watch BBC Jane Austen movies and knit all day, I would have been done in two weeks. As it is, I have to actually work so it took me a little longer...

I started on another project- another blanket, so we'll have to see how this one turns out. 
I'm excited!
Hopefully it will turn out something like this

No comments:

Post a Comment