Saturday, February 16, 2013

The Newest Family Member

Alex and I are so happy to announce that we are welcoming another family member to our little home!

Before we moved, Alex and I had talked about getting a dog, what kind of dog, what we would name it (Alex wants two male dogs and name them Bentley and Jackson after Dierks Bentley and Alan Jackson), and all the fun things we would do with a dog. Now that we are in a place that allows us to have a dog, we haven't stopped looking at rescue websites, animal shelters, and anywhere else that we could find a dog.

But we didn't want just any kind of dog. We both know that it would be much smarter and wiser to find a dog from a shelter or rescue. There are so many beautiful dogs that need to be loved.
And so we searched.

And searched.

And searched.

Until yesterday, I was on Craigslist to look for a crate. We wanted to be ready if we did get a dog. I stumbled upon this young couple who needed to find a new home for their 8 month old short haired pointer. From the pictures and description, the dog sounded like it was well cared for, loved, and healthy. Plus, they lived like two miles from us.
I sent Alex a link to the information and he got just as excited as I was. I ended up calling and leaving a message for the girl. She texted me back that I sounded much more normal than the rest of the people who contacted her about the dog. She and her husband wanted to meet us and the dog the next day (today).
So we met up this afternoon for about a half hour. We asked them questions and they asked us questions. Plus, we got to meet Emmett.
Two hours later, we got a phone call asking us if we were still interested- of course we were!
We were told Emmett is a little shy, which he was when he first met us. However, he has had no issues making this his home! 
After he explored his new home, he jumped right on the couch with Alex, tail wagging!
He is an 8 month old English Pointer. 
So far we have learned that he LOVES being with you!
He doesn't like hardwood floors (odd).
And given the opportunity, he loves to kiss you! 

3 comments:

  1. awww he is super cute!!! and looks very sweet!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is adorable!! Good for you guys!! I'm glad you were able to find the perfect dog. Sounds like it all worked out perfect! And BTW - love the Hawks shirt Alex is wearing!! LOL!! I know where that came from!

    ReplyDelete
  3. !! YAY!!! so glad it worked out :)

    ReplyDelete